We offer Gyn Surgery Open or Minimally Invasive techniques for the following benign conditions:
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Endometrial Polyps
- Ovarian Cysts
- Precancerous Cervical Conditions
What is Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) ?
Laparoscopic or Robotic surgery are minimally invasive surgical techniques using several small 0.5-1 cm incisions in the abdomen in which short, narrow tubes (trochars) are inserted in the abdomen along with a camera or laparoscope. This allows the Gyn surgeon to visualize the abdominal and pelvic organs, diagnose certain conditions, and perform various surgical procedures.
We perform the following MIS procedures:
- Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus, fallopian tubes and sometimes ovaries)
- Myomectomy (removal of fibroids)
- Ovarian Cystectomy (removal of ovarian cysts)
- Oophorectomy (removal of ovaries)
- Tubal Ligation (interruption of fallopian tubes for pregnancy prevention)
- Endometriosis diagnosis and treatment
Benefits of MIS include:
- Less postoperative pain
- Quicker recovery time
- Shorter hospital stays
- Smaller scars
- Earlier return to full activities
Open Surgeries : Abdominal Hysterectomy and Abdominal Myomectomy are performed thru a small horizontal bikini incision and rarely if necessary a midline vertical incision.